Wills & Inheritance
If you have assets in Spain it is essential that you have a Will even though you may have already made a Will in your own Country, a Spanish Will is totally independent from any other Will anywhere else.
This is very important if you want your inheritors to avoid having to deal with time consuming expensive litigation procedures in Spain and in your native country.
A Will enables the testator/testatrix to leave their assets to whomever they wish, subject to the legal requirements of their own country’s. We offer a trouble free, rapid service, it takes just one hour of your time. Our services include:
- A bilingual Will fully translated into English.
- Assistance before a Notary Public for the signing of the Will.
WE SPECIALISE IN INHERITANCE LAW FOR BOTH RESIDENTS AND NON RESIDENTS.
DISTRIBUTION OF INHERITED ASSETS TO HEIRS
This service is intended for the beneficiaries of Spanish properties or assets. We deal with both types of Estates. The first, when the deceased (owner of the property or assets) has left a valid Will and the second type when the deceased dies intestate – i.e. is not in possession of a valid Will.
Depending on the requirements of each individual case we offer the following services.
- Obtaining copies of the official Death Certificate
- Request of Will Certificates from the Spanish Central Registry of Wills
- Obtaining the Will from the Notary Public where it was signed
- Obtaining statements from intestate heirs when there is no Will
- Assisting with the acceptance procedures of the inheritance
- Distribution of the inheritance
- Registration of the new owner's inheritance at the Land Registry
- Liquidating all obligatory levied Inheritance Taxes
- Constant communication with the heirs while inheritance transfers are being done.
EFFICIENT SERVICE IN OBTAINING NIE NUMBERS (Spanish fiscal identification number for foreigners) AND RESIDENCY STATUS